..When I woke UP this morning the 1st thought I had was..These are the last days I’ll be 40ish..I’m eager and oh so ready to experience my 50s. NEVER in this life journey did I, of all people, think I’d be capable of embracing my 50s. My story continues; and yep, we all have a story. A story behind all of our lives that makes us who we ARE. As I say good bye to my 40s? I realize how much GROWTH transpired over those 10 remarkable years. WOW, wow, and omg wow. Time really does fly when one is caught UP; living/learning/stumbling/leaping hurdles/crawling under stuff!/and making a way when NO ONE else saw a way around things..The past 2 years? Its moved at warp speed! Good thing after awesome happening upon mind-blowing positive miraculous experiences for me! Whoa, I’ve had to hold on to the imaginative handrail so I didn’t fall or slip..Its good. Life is so good when one opens their eyes & their heart and hands things/all things over to; God. There is no other way to express it. There is no logical explanation. But that is my reality. I stand. I stand. I stand. So the countdown begins to the day I make 50 years of age. I’m thankful , so thankful, for all I’ve lived/loved! so much loveeeee/learned/seen/heard; and last but not least I thank God for allowing me to give life to the most amazing sons a Mother could have. God gifted me with 3 awesome MEN who will love me forever..IF there is but one piece of unsolicited advice I can offer to young married women out there? Try hard to co-raise the same type of MEN you’d be proud to marry. Real talk for real..I could go on & on & on about that topic; but I won’t . Anyways farewell 40s! Goooood bye 40s . Waving bye bye to my forties..Feeling unexpected emotions! Until I read/write y’all again many thanks for reading me this past-not-even-a-year-yet-that-I’ve-been-blogging. I thank YOU and YOU for all that you’ve shared , WOW..y’all have made my blogging experience here on W.P. just beautiful. Very. Thank you sincerely. 4ever sincere, Berna(the 1 N only)
..I made a comment recently and I’m standing by it..50 is rushing up on me; and I’m in much anticipation for it. I’m ready! Aren’t I? Shouldn’t I be? What are my options if I’m not? …Well by now I’m sure y’all are ready to hear the actual comment I made! It for sure pushed the person’s buttons I was speaking to at the time; however, having said that..IF a person can’t say whats REALLY on their mind at almost 50 yrs of age(such as myself..) when in the heck IS the time to be able to keeeeeep it real?!? The way I see IT there is no time like the present..Hope y’all are ready for some real talk. This is for grown folks ONLY>>
…1st this BROADcast(yep, that’s a play on words that only those 50 & over will catch..) For allll those people who scared the beeeeejesus out of me about making 50..By telling me that one’s body starts literally falling apart with ailments/issues/organ’s failing/and caving in to gravity..Unless the day AFTER I make 50 yrs of age(July 5th..) this happens instantly; y’all lied. Lol, lol! It takes ALOT of consistent work, every single day(and I mean every day) but by the grace of a mighty good God; I’m SO thankful I don’t look like the stuff I’ve lived through at this ripe age. I’ve said it often; and I’ll say it one ‘mo time..Thank YOU God for blessing me. Now if the day after I make 50 yrs of age stuff starts dropping/sagging/and an organ fails; I’ll have to retract this comment. And I’m building up the cajones(figure of speech! cause I am all woman..) to post a picture of me here on WordPress; in my Bday dress after my Bday party. After all seeing is believing for some folks..Enough said & back to the topic at hand>>
....So last week I was having a conversation with someone I hardly knew & had just met..I talked to alot, and I mean ALOT, of people while I was in Phoenix last week..Anyways , somehow or other, we got on the topic of making 50 yrs of age..And for some reason or other; he says ” Well, I have a friend who does NOT know yet HIS purpose or direction, and he’s 50 yrs old already..” I stood there looking at him waiting for the and..And?!? There wasn’t an , and, folks that was IT..I’m not too sure I’m proud of what flew out of my mouth next. BUT , this is what I said(before I could censor it/sugar coat it..>>
In a very steady voice & with a straight face I said, ” WOW, well I feeeeel a person should know where they’re headed/what they’re doing/what their purpose IS/should be progressively moving forward by 50! I mean jeez 50 years old is a longgggg time to be LOST or clue less..” After I said that? He got that wide-eyed look of ” Did SHE just say that?” And he didn’t get time to counter the comment because class went back into session..Later I felt mayhaps that was a harsh comment. Ever make a comment & then later wonder IF you should’ve made it? But it got me to thinking..Isn’t 50 the age one should know it ALL? Or least know enough/have learned enough..IF not 50 yrs old exactly how OLD must one be to know enough to have a PHD in..Life? Does one ever get to that point in life? Or is this life journey just one long process of continual learning? 50 yrs of learning & living! qualifies a person as knowing ALOT, right?>>
the TRUTH is , or rather the truth as I know it, as a person on the doorstep of making 50 yrs old..I do NOT know it all. And honestly? It was a harsh comment..but in my heart of hearts I honestly feel a person should know what direction they’re headed or be in IT. As luck would have it(and I thank God & my lucky stars..) a couple of years before I was this close to 50 yrs old..It became to vividly CLEAR to me what my God-given path was; that I would’ve had to be blind not to have seen it. I could see it clear as day..It took following blind faith to get nearer to it though. And truth be told; I’m not all the way there yet. But I’m a heck-of-alot-closer than I’ve ever been to getting; there. My direction has been on fast-forward motion since then. Very fast..So fast its at times been over-whelming. And all positive..Having said that would I still stand by my comment; IF this wasn’t the case? Probably so..If it wasn’t the case I’d have felt I wasn’t where I was supposed to be by 50 yrs of age. Which leads me back to my first question. Aren’t we supposed to know it ALL by 50 yrs old? Or least enough to account for having lived 50 yrs?!? When I sat down & did some real soul-searching on the matter..AFTER, I’d spoken without thinking to the aforementioned person..Honestly? I don’t feel there is a SET amount of what we should know by 50 yrs of age. I think we know what we know due to the experiences of what we’ve lived through to this point..Some just know more than others. I think life is an ever-changing and evolving event..Like a very BIG stage. We’re all the actors. Our part isn’t determined by US..Its pre-determined. Our free will affords us the opportunity to get to the finish line; at different time periods. IF I could have a do-over of the earlier conversation I mentioned; that’s the response I wish I’d said. Unfortunately in this life journey we don’t always get do-overs though..Living IN the moment is something I attempt to do every, single day..I can only hope the person I said that to reads this & accepts my final & well – thought out answer. What I’ve learned at 50 yrs of age is …WE never stop learning. WE will never know it ALL. And I think learning that is one of the beautiful things about making it to 50 years of age! Now..I tell you one thing about 50 I’m still not used to ; yet. It’s as if overnight I changed from a Miss to a Ma’am. Lawd! When did that happen?? Lol, lolll Until I write/read y’all again stay UPlifted & blessed. 4ever sincere Berna (the 1 N only) P.S. I might also post a picture of my birthday cake after my party…I want ALL 50 candles on my cake..I don’t care IF it looks like a bonfire! I EARNED every one of those years..Truth be told my Mama probably won’t allow it. Lol, lol! I can just see her face if I even request 50 candles. The look on her face of “Do YOU want to burn the place down?”
Well its hardly a secret..Yep! the fabulous bash to celebrate my 50th Bday is inching closer & closer..The pace of preparations & planning & more planning is amping UP..IF I were anymore excited the butterflies will escape from my tummy & form a lovely fluttering cascade of color. Surprises are everywhere in the air; including relatives flying in I didn’t think would be able to make it..I’m WOWed by all of this. This will be the biggest party ever in my honor. And IF you can’t celebrate the BIG 5 0? Something just ‘ain’t right in your life; or least thats the way I see IT. My Daddy was joking around & said ‘ You’ve invited everyone & probably even President Obama! ‘ Hmmm let me chew on that for a minute..Being the 2nd biggest Obama cheerleader (Honorable 1st Lady Michelle is the first) alive on this Earth that I am..WHY don’t I send him one of my lovely elegant party invitations??? >> * COMING SOON so hang on tight. Its Saturday & time to go get my ‘doo’ done right! Translation = hair appointment* Alright I’m back lets pop this cork…>>
Actually I’ve got a 2fold reason why I’m not sending President Barack Obama an invite to my 50th..My feelings are a little hurt, indeed. I am after all his #2 cheerleader in the whole wide world. Wouldn’t that make it a no-brainer that I’d get an invitation to his 50th birthday party ? Well, one would think that! But I didn’t get one; not a smoke signal/not a phone invite/not even a message in a bottle. >>
So some of y’all out there might be out there thinking..What would I say to President Barack Obama IF he came to my birthday party? Would I know what to say? Would I be tongue-tied or worse, faint? Would I truly dare to dance with the President of the United States? Well..the first thing I’d say, honestly? “Why didn’t I get an invite to your party President Obama? Don’t you knowwwww I’m your #2 cheerleader? ” And then? We would both just fall out laughing & laughing! >>
I’ve run out of invitations! They’ve all been written out; and I can’t invite the President of the United States to a party on a verbal or email or letter written invite. Or can I? Double -dare me? IF he is able to attend by some stroke of luck? I’ll allow him to make the very first toast to..ME. A girl can dream & when I dream I dream BIG and in living color. Until I read /write y’all again stay UPlifted & blessed. 4 ever sincere, Berna (the 1 N only)
For a little over a year now I’ve been planning my 50th birthday celebration..Mostly in my mind of so many different ideas & invite list & food list & party theme ..And of course what I’d like my party dress to look like! A woman’s 50th birthday party is special ; it marks something for me that mere words can’t properly describe. This will be the 1st time my birthday wasn’t just associated with the 4th of July..It will mark a major milestone in a very colorful life, indeed. I have arrived, finally! I’ve yet to decide IF I’ll wear long & flowing or short & sexy..all I know is it will be ultra feminine and I’ll own the “look”. That is as soon as I find the dress, OMG, I never thought finding a dress(the dress) would be this difficult..I’ve been looking for months & months & months..And now I’m less than 30 days away and still! haven’t found “the dress”. Far too many choices is the problem…>
As the actual party date nears..Plane flights are being booked & many friends & family are pitching in with GREAT ideas & suggestions & its all falling into place. This party IS going to be fabulous..Yet? I still don’t have “the dress!” It wasn’t even this difficult for me to find a wedding dress; I just knew the one when I saw it. I can’t tell y’all how many! dresses I’ve looked at over the past year..countless. None of them is calling out my name though. Should there be this level of pressure in selecting ONE dress? >>
I don’t want to lose sight of the things that truly matter in my hearts of hearts..Like the fact my sons are flying cross country to share this special time with me, yay, YAY, yayyy. Like the fact my Beloved parents will see their daughter celebrate a birthday she didn’t think she’d live to see. WOW God is good all the time; even times we don’t see that. Like the fact of all the awesome friends offering their services with love(my cake & a line UP of international foods & the oh-so-lovely invitations! I was gifted with..the WOW factor keeps rising & rising) I’m blown away by the outpouring of love; literally blown away. And yet? I still can NOT find “the dress”! I want to look like, well like..I want to look in the mirror in “the dress” and think ‘ Wowwww this is what 50 looks & feels like…’>>
As the date nears the butterflies in my tummy are going wild..I’m ready for 50. I’m ready to party, party, dance & dance & dance with all of my family & extended family of friends..I’m ready to jump with both feet into my 50s & the rest of my life. Life is good; really really GOOD. I know I’ll be full of awesome details to blog about afterwards too..And hopefully I’ll be able to report to y’all I wasn’t butt naked sans “the dress”! But the good news? If it follows suit with everything else this past couple years; “the dress” will be found just in time for the party. 28 days to go…
***Life is full of Poetic Verse***I am fine. I will B fine. I am living my life out LOUD..in Color. Yesterday, I had one of those days & experienced but a mere “moment” in a space of a long, long! beautiful life..I’m just about 1/2 a century NEW. My life, inofitself has been what all of our lives are..yet some of us fail to realize..it IS a miracle , indeed! what we live through, climb over, run around, and Leap OVER while experiencing this thing called Life. Filled with moments bittersweet but also overflowing with so, so , so many moments of utter JOY..that it can set us on a momentum that forward propels us hurdling(for lack of a better word) with baited breath & excitement! into each brand new day. I move , alot, in a very brisk , electric filled pace; trying with all my might to squeeze the UTmost out of each moment , each experience, each! day..But sometimes I also STOP to literally smell the roses; for none of us know(honestly) when we or IF we’ll re-experience any of what we embark on daily. When I decided to blog & share my real-true-life “happenings” out in front of the world; I promised myself I’d do it with an open nature so that I might leave my journey behind to mark a life journey. My life journey..for my 3 beautiful Black princes , for my grandchildren whenever they come to B, for anyone out there who just might gain something positive from what I’ve lived. What is this life really ABOUT if we don’t in the process of living..touch many? It is my sincere desire to let ALL of the love in my heart overflow , always, releasing what I call Liquid Love..Words can touch many. Words are powerful. Words can heal. Words can help one get through ‘Ish..And 2nd to actions; words can express Love in remarkable ways. I’ve been humbled beyond the realm I thought possible; by my WordPress experience..its given me confirmation of what, I think, I already knew. People represent Love..and when they reach out 2 others, from across countries no less, it brings to my full realization why I’m such a people-loving social butterfly. For the many that reached out to me last night? YOU wow’ed me/Blew my hair back/Rode through “it” with me/Showed a stranger love, love , love..Those that have known me a lifetime know I’m a fighter..Never hit a person with my hands out of anger, yet!, I’ve fought my entire Life to get TO my God given potential..Its when things have “seemed” the darkest to me; that have motivated me to “see” light..Like in a dark room & one strains their eyes to make out the shadows in the darkness while slowly proceeding forward(because stubbing a toe! hurts like heck) I say all of this to say@ I am fine. I will B fine always; even when I think I’m not! Like my yesterday..I am living my Life out LOUD..in Color. I am rich when it comes to Love in my Life..I am Blessed. God hears my Prayers & HE hears YOUR prayers. This is a brand new day & WE woke up this morning..And that inofitself is a Blessing and cause to celebrate. I’ll be back tonight on my usual word grind & my kool-aid smile! Until then stay UPlifted & blessed. 4ever sincere Berna(the 1 & only)
2. I am going to have the BIGGEST party of my entire LIFE for my 50th this summer..Couldn’t be more excited about that!
3. I’ve got far more than 50 loved ones(including both of my parents!) /close friends/dear friends that are still living whose company I can enjoy/laugh with/hang out with/hug/kiss/talk to. NO material object on earth can compare..
4. I can recall when the majority of music involved lyrics that meant something; they just don’t make that type of GOOD music like backintheday.
5. I was around to enjoy(and then enjoy with my sons..) playing games as a family that involved the ENTIRE family. Not like the 1 or 2 player video games or internet games. Card games like Monopoly, Scrabble!, Trouble, Headache, Uno, Twister(wow what fun!) , Hopscotch, Jumprope(do little girls even do these things anymore???) Oh , how I bet parents out there wish gifts were as cheap now as backintheday…and the time spent as a family? Priceless
7. Focusing on things I can DO and not things that I can’t do anymore..I can still do front flips/cartwheels/the splits!/handstands/touch my toes with ease/see my toes with ease lol!
8. I’m stronger, wiser, BETTER than I’ve ever been..and ever is a very long time
9. Recall fondly the days when mobile phone meant walking around with a corded phone..and the cord was LONG enough to wrap around 4 city blocks! Dang sure didn’t have to worry about the battery running out in the middle of a steamy conversation..
10. Recall the days when leaving a cell phone at home did not felt like leaving behind a limb! Matter of fact I’ve never left home without mine…anyone out there remember when we used to wait till we got home to discover what we didn’t buy at the store??? Today’s convenience is something I’ve grown to love but there is a certain beauty in being able to recall the good ole days..
12. No chronic health issues or meds needed . No batteries either! And thanking GOD/my lucky stars/and trying to do all I can to maintain good health. If there is one word of advice for the youth that is worth gold it is.. take care of your body daily. And FLOSS after every meal..
13. I’ve no enemies..that I know of anyway! I greet even strangers like they are friends. And I treat my family & friends like GOLD. Its returned 10fold..
14. I can /and do speak my mind freely…
15. Still have most of my marbles left and no memory loss issues; or least I think so. Lol!
16. Got over the stage of thinking “I know it all”, whew! Now I’ve learned that the more I learn the more there is to learn…I’ve aligned mentors(even some that don’t know they are my mentors in any subject area I want to learn more about) Another tip for the youth= Attain mentors; you’ll need them.
17. Learned not to give unsolicited advice. Sort of…still working on fully mastering that.
18. Finally learned to be a “glass is half-full ” type of person; instead of the opposite I once used to be. And technically the glass is always FULL…unless you’re in a vacuum of space. Yep, google that one..
19. One gets OLD; when they stop playing/being playful/ or knowing how to play. I am never going to get OLD; just older & better
20. Dancing! becomes an art that when the music comes on your body just takes over & disengages from the brain. So dance, dance, dance and dance; even if it means you’ve got to dance by yourself. Dance!
22. You can learn anything at any AGE. And I’m hoping I also learn you don’t forget how to do things just because you’ve not done them in a while…more on that when I finally do IT
23. Maturity means= Even up to my 40s I took life so seriously! (especially when I was co-raising sons) Finally as I’m closing in on 50 I’m laughing more daily than ever before..
24. 50 really doesn’t feel anything like I thought 50 would feel like when I was in my 20s or even my 30s..50 doesn’t feel OLD as I thought it would at all. 50 just feels fabulous!
25. I’ve learned to drop my fears…bad things are going to happen cause life happens. But I’ve been over/under/around/and THROUGH such mindblowing, deeeeeep valleys/and just downright shiiiite and survived that its given me confidence that there isn’t much I can’t handle or live through. There is much comfort in knowing/feeling that
26. I’ve learned that sometimes NO answer is about as good as it gets. And that is just fine..I used to think life was all black and white. Or I’d just have to know the answer to the many questions I ask(I’m inquisitive by nature) But I’m learning that isn’t the case. Gray area does exist..and sometimes you just have to let things GO in order to get to the next level. And sometimes? After you let it go; the answer finally becomes clear
27. I try very, very hard to put principles BEFORE personality. This was something a very dear friend on the West Coast taught me…priceless lessons he taught me. There are times we have to interact with folks that we do NOT agree with on a consistent basis. Or something about them is so different from our beliefs/behavior…Agreeing to disagree alot works in these situations. Or in some cases just giving in works too …and this is necessary sometimes if on a team(for lack of a better word) worker towards a mutual goal. Might not be easy to understand now but when you get into situations as I’m referring to; you’ll understand
28. Small stuff DOES matter! Time spent with my parents. Priceless. Time spent doing labors of love; like a garden for my Daddy. Priceless. Time spent chatting with old friends on the West Coast. Priceless. Time spent over a quick lunch with new friends. Priceless. Laughing with new/old friends or loves ones. Priceless! Watching the sun rise. Absolutely priceless..Life is full of moments that we just have to stop to enjoy
29. Simplify. Simplify. SIMPLIFY. That IS the word of the day. Every day…
30. I’ve learned to COUNT my blessings every single day..and testify whenever possible to whoever will listen. I find myself doing this more than I ever thought I would..never thought I would actually.
31. I’ve always been a dreamer. And I dream BIG..as I near 50 I’m DOing more things I’d always said I’d DO. Living ones dreams is better than living to dream. Not getting any younger and there is NO time like the present
32. The things that yield the best results in life= Do NOT get caught up in gossip. It can be lethal…So be fair. Be HONEST. Be consistent. Be GENEROUS. Be Trustworthy. Respect others and yourself. And smile alot! It is contagious..
33. I’ve learned it is better to be KIND than RIGHT..another very close West Coast friend taught me this. And he was so right…
34. I’ve learned a broken heart can mend. Over time. Alot of time. I’m praying though I don’t have wait for mine to mend ever again though
35. Admitting you don’t know how to do something yields better results than pretending you do! The good news? Usually , or least has been the case with me, you’ll quickly find after admitting it someone will teach you what you didn’t know. I love IT when it works out that way
36. Generic store brands? Just as good as the name brand more expensive versions. Saving money is awesome!
37. Saving for a rainy day or necessity(like a new car..) just makes sense. Saving pennies or even coins does add up…Literally
38. Wear what YOU like to wear & what you feel you look best in. I never was one for following “fads”….bottom line is DO and BEing yourself just feels great. I don’t want to walk around looking like a carbon copy of everyone else..
39.Compliment. Compliment. Compliment! I always let people know I like what they’ve got on or a new hair style. Why do we think these things but don’t say them out loud? Saying them usually brings out a smile..
40. Be early. Saves alot of frustration and stress from rushing to get to places
41. Floss! I can’t say that enough…and I might say it for a 3rd time to get to the end of this 50 list
42. I’ve learned to laugh at myself. I don’t take myself near as serious as I used to…result? I stopped being my own worst critic/enemy. Discovered it was impossible to reach perfection . I stopped even reaching for perfection. Now I just do my best. At anything I do
43. Stay true to MYSELF. I don’t let anyone define who I am anymore. I like me after long last. Either accept me as I am or move on…and I’ll do the same
44. Failing at some things is normal. If we don’t fail we’re not pushing our own limits. Many people first failed at things , and yet kept striving, are now considered major success stories. Life is full of ordinary people trying to do extraordinary things..I’m one of them
45. Being on time matters. If I can’t get there early I’m at the least on time. Early bird really does get the prize…
47. Not sure when I became a “ma’am”! OMG when I first starting hearing it from strangers I’d look around to see who the heck they were talking to..I’ve finally adjusted to it. Sort of…lol
48. A good debate from time to time is still good for a “rush”; but anything other than that even closely remote to having an arguement is SO over-rated and just not necessary. I’ve grown old enough to know you can talk anything out …even when not in agreement. If I’ve got to fight with you consistently I don’t care to spend precious time with you. Period. And I mean that…I’ve no drama in my life NOR do I want any
49. IF a person judges me, or anyone else, by the type of car they drive /how much money they make/or what they own…they’re NOT the type of person I want to spend time around.
50…Wooooo hoooo I made it to 50. Keeping ones’ word is important to ME. So glad I was able to with this list. Was alot harder than I thought when I chose this topic..but nothing easy is usually worth it.
~I’m getting to the crux of it just trying to set the background up 1st for this line of thought..~
Yep, I’m knocking on the door of becoming 50 years old..and I’m ready! Or so I thought. And then yesterday a good friend of mine was sweeeet enough to let me in on something I had NO clue about..Ready to hear it? And what my response was/IS?…
Well I was having a fabulous chat with a really good friend of mine yesterday..Array of topics but mainly how excited I am about MY upcoming 50th birthday party in July. How I’m going to have a BEAUTIFUL pink & silver cake! Ohhh and I want disco lights; maybe even a strobe light. Anyone out there remember how FUN disco dances used to be? Got an awesome DJ lined up and just putting the finishing touches on my virtual save-the-date announcements ..and then while I’m allll caught UP yapping about this my friend says(I guess he thought it was FUNNY) oh yea, now you’ll be able to be an AARP member! I was still going on and on about my party! Thought I heard him say something about AARP but..and then he said it again. Yapping, laughing, and then WHAT DID YOU SAY? And as he began to say it again I said STOP, wait..and then I fell out laughing. He said NO I’m serious you’ll be eligible at 50 for it. I said, ” I most certainly will NOT be! You have to be 65 or older to be eligible for that.” And then my USED to be gooooood friend said, ” Ok, Ms Google Queen google IT.” And that is exactly what I did…OMFG
*Sigh* I couldn’t google fast enough! Images kept popping UP and I kept searching..I’m a speeeed reader..But I could NOT find not one thing that would dispute that AARP eligibility begins at FIFTY. But, but when did THAT come about??? And what person in their right mind changes the eligibility age?? WAS IT ALWAYS 50 AND NO BODY TOLD ME??? I had a cazillion questions! all at once..I was flustered and HOT all of a sudden(thank YOU Eve for peri-menopausal symptoms I’ve got to deal with) And then, I was suddenly irked with my friends over 50 yrs of age! HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THIS? Wait, I’m not even a grandmother yet! How in the heckkkk can I be eligible for AARP? I can stilllll DO soooo many things! Does this mean I can’t be FLY anymore??! I can stilll do the splits! I can stilll do a handstand, front forward flip(not a pretty sight when I last tried a backward flip) , somersault, cartwheel, I can stillll RUN(for a little while..more of a fast walk into a full jog and then I run for a little bit), I can still bend & touch my toes! Yeaaaaaaa. I can still dance , and dance and danceeeeeee, I don’t take nor have to take ANY medications..HOW CAN I BE AARP eligible???? Here I was laughing it OFF and my friend thought my response was simply HILARIOUS..but my shock was/is sincere. Was I so caught UP living that I somehow missed this news flash? Was there a memo I missed? I kid ya’ll NOT if ONE thing comes here with MY name on it and the words AARP membership form; I will tear it UP. No, I’m going to burn IT. I refuse! I am not ready for that..Did they start this to get more members or what??? Whats next? 40! OMG I am still trying to wrap my mind around this. I was SO happy about making it to 50..and now this!
**Just like anything else in my life journey, as I’m sure anyone else’s out there , yep! I’ll deal with this reality. It IS what it IS. It is NOT going to stop me from being FLY. Not going to lose my vibe just because I’m AARP eligible..Jeeeez my fingers don’t even want to type that LOL..My birthday party is coming UP and I’m going to party like there is NO tomorrow. I’m elated about making it to 50! My 3 beautiful Black Prince sons are all flying in for my party. A host of other family/friends; and they love me for me as i AM..And because they love ME no one in my world will EVER again mention AARP to me again..Not till I’m good and ready for it! Until I write/read ya’ll again stay UPlifted & blessed. And as always count your blessings 2day and everyday. 4ever sincere, Berna(the one & ONLY)