This write hits SO close to home..I just went through all of these feelings about 9 months ago post-surgery..Pleased to say though that my fears were far worse than actually experiencing , Menopause. And isn’t that the case with just about anything? >> Re-blogged by Berna from the Reliablyuncomfortable blog
There. I said it.
This is not a baseless fear. I’ve read a lot of articles about the subject. All the articles seem to say the same things, and I have no idea which are myth-ish, and which are legit. If I were to believe everything I read, this is what I’d expect from menopause:
- I’m going to turn into a ravening harridan, totally irrational, ruled only by my run amok, dying hormones.
- I will have hot flashes that make me turn bright red and pour flop sweat at the most inconvenient moments, like when I give a presentation to a Board of Directors
- I will have the sensation of bugs crawling on my skin
- I’ll get fat and sprout hair where I don’t want it, and lose fat and hair where I do want it
- I might get a deeper voice and bigger feet
View original post 1,429 more words